Now that you have created your account with Mentalyc, the next step is to upload a session recording and have our AI generate your HIPAA compliant progress note automatically.
If you do not currently record your sessions, this process might be complex for you and so we have written several help articles to guide you.
Client Consent Form
To record client sessions, you will need to get signed consent from your client. We have created a client consent form template that you can edit to your needs and give your clients to sign.
Download the Client Consent Form here.
Using Mentalyc in-built Recorder
You can now record sessions directly within the Mentalyc app. Using the Mentalyc recorder is the best option for recording in-person sessions. To use the recorder, all you need to do is:
- Login to your Mentalyc account and click “Record” tab on the left-hand side.
- Click on “Start recording”.
- You can “Restart” the recording to start afresh or “Pause” to take a break.
- Click on “Submit” to conclude your recording.
- After submitting, you can download the audio file to your device by clicking on “Download”.
- Finally, click on “Configure & Upload” to add details of the session.
That is it! you can go ahead and record your session or dictate a summary of the session.
This feature has been designed with the following functionalities:
- Recording and Downloading: Easily record sessions and download the recordings for your records.
- No headphones/airpods: Note that the recording feature does not function with headphones or airpods and may sometimes encounter issues with speakers if they are operated on the same device as the app.
- Built-in Safety: The recorder has a safety mechanism to preserve recordings in case of an internet outage or if you switch pages within the app.
- Duration Limit: The recorder supports up to 3 hours of recording, but submissions are limited to 75 minutes for Basic and 130 minutes for PRO/Super accounts. Please download and trim longer recordings before submitting.
- Test Before Initial Use: Before using the recorder for the first time, it's important to conduct a trial run in a test environment to identify and address any potential issues.
Using Third-Party Tools
Finding the perfect tool for recording your sessions can be tricky and so we took out the time to evaluate a sizeable number of free HIPAA-compliant recording apps/tools and we have selected the best tools to use on your mobile device(s) or computer(s).
See below helpful articles with video guides that will help you choose the right tool for recording your session(s).
How to record a session on Windows
How to record a session on a MacBook
How to record an in-person session on an iPhone and iPad
How to record an in-person session on an Android device
How to record a phone call session on Android phones
How to record a phone call session on iPhones
How to record online sessions using Zoom
Uploading Sessions on Mentalyc
Once you can record your session, all you need to do is:
- Login to your Mentalyc account and click “Upload Session.”
- Select the session recording file from your phone or computer depending on where you recorded it.
You can also drag and drop the recording file to upload it.
- Click “Configure & Upload.”
- Enter the details required.
- Click “Finish Upload.”
- Wait for your auto-generated progress note.
- Review the generated note and sign.
You can reach out to us anytime if you have any questions.