Mentalyc's template builder is a powerful tool that allows therapists to create customized progress and intake note templates. In this guide, we'll walk you through the steps to make the most of this innovative feature for efficient and personalized documentation.
Step 1: Access the Template Builder
- Log In: Start by logging into your Mentalyc account.
- Click "Templates" in the navigation menu.
Step 2: Configure global settings
These are the settings that will impact your note template.
- Decide what you want every note to include in the heading.
- Decide on terminology: decide how you want the notes to refer to you and your clients:
Step 3: Create your template
Click the 'Create New Template' button.
or use your existing template
a. Click on the icon label 'a' in the diagram below to Duplicate your template
b. If you mistakenly created a template or no longer need it, you can easily delete it by clicking on the icon label 'b' icon as shown in the diagram below.
- Determine Note Type: Decide whether you need to create an intake or progress note.
- Choose a Template (only for progress notes): Pick a template such as SOAP, DAP, BIRP and many others.
- Select Client Type: Choose the appropriate client type corresponding to the note you want to create.
- Name your note template: for example “SOAP for Crisis intervention” It will make it easier to find this template later if you create many of them.
Step 4: Configure the note content
- Select which sections to include or exclude based on the user's requirements, such as Presenting Problems, Psychological Factors, Biological Factors, or sections specific to EMDR therapy.
- Fine-tune your note templates even further by adjusting sub-sections.
- Include or exclude client quotes.
Step 5: Save your template.
Click 'Save as New' to save your template,
or if you're making adjustments to your template, click 'Save'.
That's it! You're all set to start using your newly created template.